Superstar fundraiser Catherine Snashall organised a fundraising ladies night in November 2011 and raised an amazing £880!
Her check list for organising the event went as follows:
- Appeal to lovely friends to spread the word and recruit stall holders, as well as designing a lovely poster.
- Word of mouth is a powerful thing – keep telling people about your event! Catherine bumped into the local Undertaker one weekend and suggested that his wife might enjoy an evening out and passed him the details. He then mentioned that he may be able to help out with the expenses. They did; they covered the cost of hiring the hall and printing, in return their name was added to the poster.
- Put up posters EVERYWHERE
- Contact your local paper and radio – Find out how to do this
- Organise a raffle; Catherine asked all of her stallholders for a prize wrote to a variety of organisations, friends and local traders asking if they would be willing to donate; by the event she had more than 65 prizes.
- Back to your kind friends who may be persuaded to help out on the night, serving drinks/nibbles, raffle tickets etc.
- Selling tickets in advance is great; go everywhere with a box with tickets and change - £5 a ticket, including a complimentary glass of wine.