Here are a few ideas to get your seasonal fundrasing off with a louder bang than any cracker you'll pull:
- Office Secret Santa: instead of spending £5 on Secret Santa gifts, ask your colleagues to set the limit at £4 and have everyone donate that spare £1 to HemiHelp.
- The gift of wrapping: Could you find some kind volunteers and set up a Christmas wrapping station at work? In exchange for a small donation to HemiHelp of course!
- Go green! Tell your friends and family you are not sending out cards this Christmas and are making a donation to HemiHelp instead.
- Hold a Christmas Party! Ask your place of work if you can collect funds for HemiHelp at your Christmas party.
Festive fivers; everyone writes their name on a fiver, pops it in a hat (preferably a Santa one) and then pick a winner. Split the pot between your lucky winner and HemiHelp!
- Christmas Quiz: find a venue (a cosy pub is best), find some questions online, choose a quiz master, source some prizes (the pub might provide a meal for two or round of drinks...) and away you go!
- Pin the nose on Rudolph! Blindfold your school friends, charge them £1 to enter and give a prize to whoever is ‘on the nose’ with their attempt.
- Nativity play/carol service. Now is the time to ask your local school, church or community centre if they will collect money on HemiHelp’s behalf during their Christmas activities. Please get in touch if you are successful so we can send you some collection materials.
- Host a festive tea party for your friends but instead of tea you could serve homemade mince pies and maybe some mulled wine...
- The HemiHelp online shop is full of goodies including great stocking fillers, books and Christmas cards