If you are working with a child or children with hemiplegia, or have a professional interest in paediatrics, neurology or disability, then we hope you will want to become a member of HemiHelp. Join us now >> You will join a growing organisation that is dedicated to raising awareness and promoting understanding about hemiplegia. Most importantly, you will be part of a national network of professionals working to improve the lives of children and young people with hemiplegia. As a professional member, you will receive a wide range of benefits including access to information resources and discounted attendance at events.
What is HemiHelp?
HemiHelp was set up by a small group of parents in 1990. We are now the leading hemiplegia organisation and have a membership of over 4,000 families and professionals from all over the UK and beyond. We provide information and support, run events for children and families and promote the rights and well-being of children and young people with hemiplegia. Find out more about us >>
What will I get if I join HemiHelp?
If you join as a HemiHelp member you will benefit from:
- A membership pack containing the latest issue of our members' magazine; information leaflet with names and addresses on general information & advice, , information on our services, general leaflets on HemiHelp and hemiplegia, HemiHelp posters to display, an enquiry pack which can be handed to families of children and young people with hemiplegia (more sent upon request)
- Research support - in the past we have helped a number of our professionals gather subjects and data for research projects. Many of our family members are keen to participate in work that could benefit those affected by hemiplegia and we can put you in touch with them.
Throughout the year you will also receive:
- Our members-only magazine four times a year which features a different theme each issue. Find out more about our magazine
- First notice of the annual HemiHelp professional conference, enabling you to benefit from the Early Bird Rate. These conferences will bring together leading practitioners in the field to share learning and present the latest research and practice.
- Information leaflets. We have over 35 leaflets on different aspects of hemiplegia including treatments, associated conditions and ways to manage the condition
- Updates on the latest news and information by email