Holidays and travel
Bendrigg Trust - Tel: 01539 723766 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bendrigg.org.uk Outdoor activity centre for day activities or residential holidays for disabled people of all ages and abilities.
Calvert Trust - Website: www.calvert-trust.org.uk Activity holidays for disabled people and their family and friends. Suitable for all ages, includes climbing, abseiling, water-sports, horse-riding, all under supervision of instructors. Three centres in England.
National Holiday Fund for Sick and Disabled Children - Tel: 01493 731 235 Email: email@example.com Website: www.nhfcharity.co.uk Offers opportunities for disabled children to go on group holidays to USA allowing parents and carers respite. Parents are not asked to contribute to the holidays.
National Rail - Enquiries: 08457 48 49 50 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.nationalrail.co.uk Find out about Disabled Persons Railcard and support available to make your journey easier.
Red Ridge Centre - Tel: 01938 810821 Website: www.redridgecentre.co.uk Situated near the English/Welsh border, the centre offers residential courses with a wide range of activities to groups and individuals, regardless of ability.
Ski 2 Freedom Foundation - Tel: 0844 855 2303/ 07980 691 372 Email: email@example.com Website: www.ski2freedom.com The Ski 2 Freedom Foundation is a non-profit making organisation launched to help people with disabilities enjoy access to all winter sports, where previously they may have found it difficult or impossible to pursue their interests.
A range of travel insurance options are available which take into account pre-existing medical conditions. Here is a selection that our members have found:
- Able2Travel* - Tel: 01483 562 662 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.able2travel.com
- All Clear* - Tel: 0845 250 5201 Email: email@example.com Website: www.allcleartravel.co.uk
- En Route* - Tel: 0800 783 7245 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.enrouteinsurance.co.uk
- Fish insurance* - Tel: 0333 331 3770 for all enquiries. Website: www.fishinsurance.co.uk
- Freespirit* - Tel: 0845 230 5000 Website: www.free-spirit.com
- Pulse* - Tel: 01280 841430 Website: www.pulse-insurance.co.uk
- Orbis Plus* - Tel: 0845 338 1638 Email: email@example.com Website: www.orbisplus.co.uk
- World First* – Tel: 0345 90 80 161 Website: www.world-first.co.uk
A European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is for when you travel to another country in the European Economic Area(EEA) or Switzerland. It has replaced the E111 form, which is free (if you order by telephone) and should be renewed every five years. If you become ill while abroad, the EHIC gives access to state-provided medical treatment in the country you are visiting. This may be free or you may have to pay on the same basis as residents of that country. The card also covers any treatment you need for a chronic condition or pre-existing illness, and routine maternity care. The EHIC is not a substitute for travel insurance, since there are some things that it does not cover, such as repatriation. To apply for a card visit www.nhs.uk/ehic or call 0300 3301350.