Benefits and legislation
If your child has hemiplegia, you may be entitled to certain benefits to help with the extra cost of day to day living. You should also be aware of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act. This section has more information.
- Benefits Benefits are your right - but you may not know what you are entitled to. This guide provides an overview.
- Disability Living Allowance An in-depth guide to Disability Living Allowance, the main benefit for disabled people.
- Grants and funding for families and individuals A guide to the organisations families offering disabled people support with everyday living, purchasing musical instruments and much more.
- Guide to completing Disability Living Allowance forms A parent talks through the process of filling in DLA forms.
- Legislation A guide to your child's rights to education under the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act.