There are currently no forthcoming events. Please keep an eye on this page for any updates.
Primary Years Family Day is an informal conference aimed at families of children with hemiplegia aged 4-10 years. The day covers key areas in education that affect families and children going through primary years at school and also the emotional, behavioural and physical aspects of living with hemiplegia that will be relevant to this age group. There will be a fun activity for children on the day, and it will be age appropriate for primary school aged children only.
Secondary Years Family Day is an informal conference aimed at parents / carers of children with hemiplegia aged 11-15 years and covers key areas that affect families with children going through the Secondary Years stage. Grandparents or other family members who are involved in your child’s life are also welcome to attend.
Both events are FREE OF CHARGE to attend.
What do parents have to say?
- "I just wanted to say a BIG thank you for the conference at Taunton on Saturday. We were both a bit nervous about coming along, but needn't have been. It was an excellent day."
- "I’d like to thank you very much for another conference which helps me as a parent understand my sons hemiplegia, and meeting with other parents hitting similar problems."
- "HemiHelp is an excellent source of information – you have been a great help to us over the past 8 years – many many thanks."
- "I feel less alone and more hopeful for the future."
- "Disability does not prevent you reaching your goals!"
- "Gave me a better understanding of what is happening with my daughter, and what I can do to help her in the future."
- "I found the conference very helpful, and felt motivated, inspired and reassured by the various speakers."
- "Just to say what a fantastic day we all had and the information that was provided was very valuable. Thank you so much for showing us there is light at the end of the tunnel and for helping us understand Hemiplegia more."