New for 2016
After reviewing our Events Programme, we have made some exciting new changes to one of our main events, the Annual Parents Conference. As a user led charity, we have taken our members feedback into account and shaped two new events out of the existing format to maximise the support and advice gained by attending one of these new events.
We are therefore delighted to announce that the Annual Parents Conference has now been replaced by the Primary Years Family Day and the Secondary Years Family Day.
Primary Years Family Day will be an informal conference aimed at families of children with hemiplegia aged 4-10 years. The day will cover key areas in education that affect families and children going through primary years at school and also the emotional, behavioural and physical aspects of living with hemiplegia that will be relevant to this age group. There will still be a fun activity for children on the day, although it will be age appropriate for primary school aged children only.
Secondary Years Family Day
Date: Saturday 12th November 2016
Location: Thornhill Church Centre, Excalibur Drive, Cardiff, CF14 9GA
This event is an informal conference aimed at parents / carers of children with hemiplegia aged 11-15 years and will cover key areas that affect families with children going through the Secondary Years stage Grandparents or other family members who are involved in your child’s life are also welcome to attend. Click here to view the draft programme. The event is FREE OF CHARGE to attend.
Click here for full details of this event
What do parents have to say?
- "I just wanted to say a BIG thank you for the conference at Taunton on Saturday. We were both a bit nervous about coming along, but needn't have been. It was an excellent day."
- "I’d like to thank you very much for another conference which helps me as a parent understand my sons hemiplegia, and meeting with other parents hitting similar problems."
- "HemiHelp is an excellent source of information – you have been a great help to us over the past 8 years – many many thanks."
- "I feel less alone and more hopeful for the future."
- "Disability does not prevent you reaching your goals!"
- "Gave me a better understanding of what is happening with my daughter, and what I can do to help her in the future."
- "I found the conference very helpful, and felt motivated, inspired and reassured by the various speakers."
- "Just to say what a fantastic day we all had and the information that was provided was very valuable. Thank you so much for showing us there is light at the end of the tunnel and for helping us understand Hemiplegia more."