Who we are
HemiHelp's Board of Trustees is made up of parents who have children with hemiplegia, adults with hemiplegia and professionals who provide strategic input and governance for the organisation. The charity has a small team of staff who coordinate all our activities, supported by a large network of volunteers, people with hemiplegia and their families. We are here to make sure that help and advice is always available for everyone.
A world where people with hemiplegia can live the lives they choose.
To support people with hemiplegia and their families at every stage of their lives.
- We help people with hemiplegia and their families to make informed decisions and seek the support they need.
- We work within the social model of disability to remove barriers to full inclusion in society.
- We enable people with hemiplegia and their families to grow in confidence and celebrate their achievements.
- The is no other place where people can find specialist information on hemiplegia.
- Our communications are informative and practical.
- Our information is factual, well researched and accredited the Information Standard.
- We are driven by the needs of people with hemiplegia and their families.
- We ask for feedback and tailor our services to these needs.
- We embrace the knowledge and the experiences of those living with hemiplegia.
Board Members and Management
CEO Cara Evans
Angus Walker (Acting Chair)
Mike Platten (Treasurer)
Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra
Siobhan McMahon MSP
Clare Smyth MBE
Mrs Jacquetta Allsopp (née Wheeler)
The Countess of Bessborough
Sir Dominic Cadbury
Mr and Mrs Paul De Chazal
Mr Richard Fitzalan Howard
Mr Roddie Fleming
Miss Elizabeth Johnson
Mr Sascha Kindred CBE
The Duchess of Norfolk
Mr John Reizenstein
Mr Paul Riseborough
The Dowager Viscountess Rothermere
Professor Robert Goodman
John Adams OBE
Josephine Fitzalan Howard
Dr Carole Yude