If you are working with a child or children with hemiplegia, or have a professional interest in paediatrics, neurology or disability, then we hope you will want to become a professional member of HemiHelp.
You will join a growing organisation that is dedicated to raising awareness and promoting understanding about hemiplegia. Most importantly, you will be part of a national network of professionals working to improve the lives of children and young people with hemiplegia.
As a professional member, you will receive a wide range of benefits including access to information resources and discounted attendance at our conferences.
On this page:
- What will I get if I join HemiHelp?
- How do I join?
- How much does it cost?
- Voting Membership
- Any further questions?
What will I get if I join HemiHelp?
If you join as a HemiHelp member you will benefit from:
- A membership pack containing the latest issue of our members' magazine; information leaflet with names and addresses on general information & advice, education & employment, aids & equipment, sport & leisure, therapies, holidays & travel and benefits; information about a choice of leaflets on botox, physiotherapy, splints, epilepsy, visual perceptual difficulties, shoes and shoe lacing, information on our services, general leaflets on HemiHelp and hemiplegia, HemiHelp posters to display, an enquiry pack which can be handed to families of children and young people with hemiplegia (more sent upon request)
- Research support - in the past we have helped a number of our professionals gather subjects and data for research projects. Many of our family members are keen to participate in work that could benefit those affected by hemiplegia and we can put you in touch with them.
Throughout the year you will also receive;
- Our members-only magazine four times a year which features a different theme each issue. Find out more about our magazine
- Access to HemiHelp’s professional conferences, which bring together leading practitioners in the field to share learning and present the latest research and practice. A priority place and discounted delegate rate is available to members*
- Information leaflets. We have over 35 leaflets on different aspects of hemiplegia including treatments, associated conditions and ways to manage the condition
- Updates on the latest news and information by email
- An opportunity to become a part of our Professionals Panels to facilitate continuing professional development with opportunities to contribute to information materials, parent conferences, peer reviews and accreditation from professional bodies
* One person per department eligible for the discounted rate.
How do I join?
It's now easier than ever to become a member of HemiHelp. You can choose one of 3 ways to join.
Join online by filling in our online membership form.
Download a membership form (pdf) and post it to us.
Request for a membership form to be posted to you. Please contact the office on local rate 0345 120 3713 or email email@example.com.
How much does it cost?
Membership is free.
As HemiHelp do not receive any government funding we rely on donations from members to continue providing information and support to those affected by hemiplegia.
If you would like to make a donation you can send a cheque (made payable to HemiHelp), make a credit or debit card payment by clicking the 'donate' button on the right hand side or you can set up a monthly direct debit (i.e. £2 a month). Online payments are made through CAF, our secure online payment site.
If you wish, you can also join HemiHelp as a Voting Member. Voting Members are formally members of the registered company, HemiHelp Ltd, and so receive notice of and vote at our Annual General Meeting. Voting Membership costs £10 per year in addition to your annual membership fee.
Download the Voting Membership form (pdf format)
Any further questions?
Call the HemiHelp office on 0345 120 3713, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about membership, and we will be pleased to help.