This page will tell you more about how joining HemiHelp as a family member can benefit you.
On this page:
- What will I get if I join HemiHelp?
- How do I join?
- How much does it cost?
- Voting Membership
- What if I live outside the UK?
- Any further questions?
What will I get if I join HemiHelp?
If you join as a family HemiHelp member (parent and child with hemiplegia) you will benefit from:
- A membership pack containing the latest issue of our members-only magazine; information leaflets including a useful names and addresses listing general information & advice, education & employment, aids & equipment, sport & leisure, therapies, holidays & travel and benefits; information leaflet for family and friends; information leaflet ‘What is Hemiplegia?; and information on all our services.
- Our members-only magazine four times a year which features a different theme each issue. Find out more about our magazine
- Access to HemiHelp events, children’s workshops for music, dance and drama, our hugely popular activity "try it" fun days and conferences for parents.
- A free or discounted place for your family at a workshop, fun day or parent conference of your choice
- Access to our Regional Reach scheme which puts you in touch with other families in your surrounding area
- Access to our pen pal scheme which puts your child in touch with other child members (available for children over 5 years only)
- Access to the home visiting scheme
How do I join?
It's now easier than ever to become a member of HemiHelp. Parents can choose one of 3 ways to join.
Join online by filling in our online membership form.
Download a membership form (pdf) and post or email it back to us.
Request for a membership form to be posted to you. Please contact the office on local rate 0345 120 3713 or email email@example.com.
How much does it cost?
Membership is £22 per year, less than £2 per month. Life membership is £150.
You can pay by cheque, credit or debit card or direct debit. Online membership can be paid through CAF, our secure online payment site.
HemiHelp has a Helping Hand Fund which aims to enable families and individuals to access all of HemiHelp’s support services. It is for those who would not otherwise be able to access all of HemiHelp’s support services, because they are experiencing financial difficulty. Please tick the box in the payment section of the membership if this is you.
If you wish, you can also join HemiHelp as a Voting Member. Voting Members are formally members of the registered company, HemiHelp Ltd, and so receive notice of and vote at our Annual General Meeting. Voting Membership costs £10 per year in addition to ordinary Family Membership.
Download the Voting Membership form (Pdf format)
Please visit our International membership page.
Any further questions?
Call the HemiHelp office on 0845 120 3713, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about membership, and we will be pleased to help.